Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Lurie Family Animal Imaging Center
The Lurie Family Animal Imaging Center facilitates advanced animal imaging techniques for the study of promising new cancer treatments. The 12,500 sq. ft. complex is located in DFCI's satellite Harbor Campus in South Boston. It includes a broad range of high-tech imaging equipment, support facilities and lab work areas.
MDS worked closely with principal investigators and technical specialists to develop the operations program, equipment plan, and design.
The facility includes:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) machine
- Contiguous imaging suites for PET CT and light-emitting optical imaging equipment
- 3,000 cages in 6 hundred-cage rooms with auto-watering capability
- Washroom with cage and rack washers and autoclaves
- Separate clean and soiled corridors
- Isolation barrier with air shower entry vestibule
- Offices, changing rooms and a staff lounge
- Standby generators and redundant systems for maintenance of animal support functions during any extended power outage