Our friendly, collegial work culture is one of the first things our staff mention when describing MDS.
MDS welcomes inquiries from talented architects, interior designers and planners. We will post specific job openings on this page when they are available. Our workplace culture is friendly and collaborative. We encourage the sharing of ideas, professional development and mentoring, and believe each individual brings unique skills and experience that enhance our firm culture and design approach.
Our office is located in Boston's Downtown Crossing/Chinatown neighborhood, convenient to public transportation. A bicycle friendly business, many of our staff regularly pedal to work. We provide indoor bicycle storage and encourage our staff to pursue active modes of transportation.
When submitting job applications, please provide a resume, cover letter, and up to five pages in PDF format that represent the range of your professional work. MDS uses Revit for all projects, and experience using Revit is preferred for all job applicants. Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org We do not accept phone calls.
MDS/Miller Dyer Spears is seeking a full-time interior designer to join our Interior Design group. We are looking for a versatile Interior Designer with strong design skills. Five years minimum experience in programming and space planning, preparation of construction documents, and specifications required. NCIDQ certification is a plus.
Other requirements for this position include:
- Experience in renovation and new construction of institutional projects.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong design software and 3D visualization skills, proficiency in Revit, SketchUp and rendering software types
- Experience in producing construction documents
- Coordination of consultants and other disciplines
- Strong oral and written communication skills and experience interacting with clients
- Understanding of codes, accessibility regs, building systems, materials, etc.
- Ability to work well under deadlines
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and portfolio samples in PDF format (please limit your attachments to no more than 3 with a file size smaller than 5 MB) to Ms. O’Rourke, at email@example.com. Only applicants with above qualifications will be considered for the position. Salary will be commensurate with experience. No agencies or phone calls please.