Our friendly, collegial work culture is one of the first things our staff mention when describing MDS.
MDS welcomes inquiries from talented architects, interior designers and planners. We will post specific job openings on this page when they are available. Our workplace culture is friendly and collaborative. We encourage the sharing of ideas, professional development and mentoring, and believe each individual brings unique skills and experiences that enhance our firm culture and design approach.
Our office is located in Boston's Downtown Crossing/Chinatown neighborhood, convenient to public transportation. A bicycle friendly business, many of our staff regularly pedal to work. We provide indoor bicycle storage and encourage our staff to pursue active modes of transportation.
When submitting job applications, please provide a resume, cover letter, and up to five pages in PDF format that represent the range of your professional work. MDS uses Revit for all projects, and experience using Revit is preferred for all job applicants. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept phone calls.
MDS/Miller Dyer Spears, a Boston based, 40 person architecture and interior design firm, is seeking a well-organized, detail oriented, tech savvy and collaborative individual to join our team as a full-time Controller. The Candidate will work closely with the firm Principals and Project Managers and will be responsible for all of the daily and monthly accounting duties. The firm uses Deltek for accounting and project management.
- Accounting operations—
- Responsible for the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, including budgets, forecasts, cash flow planning, and maintenance of the general ledger
- Perform daily transactional accounting tasks including Payroll, A/P, billing and collections
- Reconcile accounts including bank, credit card, customer, vendor, and work in progress
- Coordinate and manage the external financial statement review and tax planning process with external CPA
- Comply with federal, local and state government reporting requirements and tax filings, including sales tax
Candidates who demonstrate the following will be considered:
- Proven experience as a controller/office manager with 7+ years of accounting and finance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Well versed in managing client billing & invoices, outside consultant costs, payroll, bank reconciliation and cash flow planning
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail is a must, along with the ability to investigate and problem solve
- Ability to operate independently with a sense of urgency
- This is a project-centric business and knowledge of project timekeeping and project accounting is important. Experience with systems such as Deltek, InFocus, or Ajera is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with staff, vendors, other departments and senior management.
- Understanding of profit & loss and estimates vs actual
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Office & Project
- Ability to work in a team environment. Research questions/issues as requested by principals and project managers.
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. Please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to Ms. O’Rourke, at email@example.com. Only applicants with above qualifications will be considered for the position. Salary will be commensurate with experience. No agencies or phone calls please.